Masking tinnitus is performed by producing “white noise” sound or sound of rain, water or fire for a period of time set by the timer from the appropriate app screen. The tinnitus relief effect is achieved by producing (generating) a pure tone sound with a frequency of 100 – 10000 Hz for a period of time set by the timer.
* Tinnitus – from the Latin word tinnītus meaning “ringing”) is the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound.
- The app contains official medical information on Tinnitus, including treatment recommendations
- Solutions for masking and relieving tinnitus
- Tinnitus Diary feature to control your tinnitus
- Ability to send your Tinnitus Diary to your Doctor for analysis and further consultations
- The application is designed and approved by Dr. Robin LeBlanc, MD, FRSCS, Division of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Nova Scotia, Canada
The application performs sound (tone) generation and playback. Tone generation is based on a math functions and was tested for relevance to the stated frequencies. Sound playback is based on gapless of the sound samples to imitate a real infinite sound of water or fire.
The interface is made of standard controls and elements to make it familiar to most of iPhone/iTouch device users. Large buttons and controls are intended to make it easier using the application for aged people.
Used technologies and products: iPhone SDK, Cocoa Touch, C, Custom UI Elements implementation
- Overall project duration: 3 weeks
- The team consisted of: 1 Developer, 1 QA and 1 BA / Project Manager